Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hike to the Top, Mount Batur experience.

If you ever have heard the word said "Fight, Fight till the death".  I believed that was a thing that I applied when I and my friends climbed Mount Batur.

I am not a hiker and my friends weren't either.  We had no physical or stamina preparation.  By reading someone experience who aged 65 years old at backpacker ‘s milling list that said he was able to hike this mountain in only about 90 minutes and only took two times rest, we were pretty sure that we would be able to conquer this mountain.

So there we were, after taking late dinner at about 9 o'clock then taking 2 hours sleep, we start our adventure at 1.30 am.  We were picked up at that time and headed to Kintamani that took about 2 hours trip.

We started climbing at about 3.00 am.  We equipped ourselves with thick jacket, because we might face 8 degree of temperature, flashlight, bread, and water.  Of course all of us didn't forget our most important device, our camera, to capture the moment up-high there.  And the journey began. In 30 minutes some of us had already knocked out. 

Uphill, rocky and sandy terrain totally was not friendly arena; even it forced some of friends out of the game.  For me actually it was not easy either.  I have to push myself very hard. Sometimes I wanted to give up and stop.  I did send signal to my friends that I felt so bad that caused me want to puke.
But I was not the only one that felt so badly tired; my friends felt the same way.  It made us take rest more frequently.  After taking rest my spirit came back and I even  had more willing to get to the top.
And all of the hardships are paid off. I could make it to the top.  Actually, only two of us, out of six, that made it to the very top of the mountain.

And it was worth it.  We were given a breath-taking view even it's only lasting for seconds because of the fog. It was just worth it.

For me personally I should thank our guides, Eny who was just 14 years old and Mr. Dinda that guided and helped us very well, especially me. 

I thanked God for giving me this experience.   Seeing His amazing creatures made me only Praise Him. He is The Almighty God.

Tips for you who want to climb Mount Batur:
- Prepare yourself, your energy
- Take rest enough before climbing
- Equip yourself with anything that your guide had mentioned (contact them far before you climb)
- You can contact Mr.Dinda as your guide  at this number: 0878 064416

Enjoy some of what I’d got there!


No comments:

Post a Comment